Spring happened! It was so frickin hot last week huh. So sorry, I spent it reading in the park/garden/on the balcony & drinking ginger beer. Having just read the Edie Sedgewick biography, the beautiful screwed up lady has been on my mind a lot. So when I popped into uniqlo in London the other week & saw these breton dresses I went a little mental & bought each of the reverse colours. They're so perfect!
Also really getting into this nail art thing. This is my most ambitious & easy one, the monster eyes. I think I found the picture on fuckyeahnailart but I'm not entirely sure. Here's how I did it step by step:
1. Paint basecoat, then all nails white and allow to dry
2. Use eye colour and create roundish blobs in the middle of each nail, scaling to size and leaving enough edge for the viens. I found making the brush really heavy with paint and then just dropping it the best technique. If your not steady you can use a paintbrush.
3. When that's dry repeat with black for the pupils but smaller
4. Using a nail art pen, or cocktail stick, or paint brush, draw veins coming in from the outer of your nails to the center, about two branches off one look the best. Then use another brush/stick and place white dots to the left of every pupil.
5. When it's all dry paint over clear top coat to protect.
A darker green and red would've propably made them a little more realistic but I was impatient and quite like how they also look quite abstract. They actually lasted really well against my de stickering and box fighting at work and having just taken them off to make way for a new design I have to say I'm missing them already! The best thing though is that you don't have to leave every layer over night to dry because your not using any stickers. Very good for my impatience!
Try it! I want photos!