06/06/2011

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

So the day finally arrived & after running some errands I went into Rise, an independent, because I still feel guilty about fueling Alex Turner's demise into a drug addled Chung bubble. I was actually pretty disappointed. *SHOCK* I mean, Arctic Monkeys have never been huge on album artwork, it all kind of went downhill since the first album (as you can see by the disc gif I made, I think I might be getting addicted to gifs) & when I got it home & dug out the other three I realized just how similar it is to Humbug, down to the weird eerie desert photo in the center. But this review by the ever lovely Alexis Petridis pretty much says everything that needs to be said, with better references. I still can't listen to Don't Sit Down 'Cause I Moved Your Chair though... I skip it every time. PLUS there will be 2 reviews of it in the next issue of SWEAT, one by George my Arctic Monkeys virgin friend & the *hardcore fan* that is me. What do you think? Are you gonna buy it? It's almost worth it for the awesome photo of Max Helders (my now favorite Monkey) in skates & a helmet. Or do you not care at all?

In other news I'm extremely excited! They have managed to produce antimatter for about 16 minutes! Plus Paul Dirac was mentioned in the guardian, which if nothing else, is awesome news for those with his equation that predicted antimatter tattooed on their arms. *ahem* It basically means they can look at it a lot closer, get a wider range of data & try & get some averages about it's behavior & where the fuck all the antimatter from the beginning of the world went. My money's on a parallel universe! You can read the article here.

Also feel the need to re alliterate - having spent so many posts on this blog explaining my varying states of depression - that I am extremely happy at the moment. This weekend has been lovely. It was Max's birthday & because me & Jesus are cheapskates & basically the same person, we spent £2.50 on the joint present of a cactus, then spent the whole night worrying it was a shit present. Max loved it, so did Cat even though she got stung (is that the right word?) by it almost immediately, opps! We, The People was good & I fell into bed, avoiding after parties like the plague & in fact fell asleep on the phone. Oh well. Now I need to do some physics revision & figure out if it's possible to set up a projector onto my bedroom wall... err... I'll explain on Thursday. This was a longer post than I intended it to be.

Sorry!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. i'll listen to it on spotify first of all, if my hours haven't ran out

    ReplyDelete
  2. After absolutely loving their first album I have just never quite 'got' any of the others. I neither love nor hate them really, so I've sort of given up but I may listen to this album in hope that they will be wonderful again. Oh and I do love your physics obsession. I wish I could even begin to get my head around it all.. I just don't really have that sort of brain. I am a strict arts and humanities sort of person I think, though I do of course find sciences fascinating none the less.

    And no, I decided to be good (boring) and didn't go to Upfest in the end. I've not really heard much about it yet because I spent today in Bath. I always feel a bit isolated from Bristol when I leave haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cool :D
    xx the cookies
    share the feeling
    www.samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really really like the Arctic Monkeys, I like all of their albums and I also like The Last Shadow Puppets. I will definitely be getting Suck It And See..or rather, I'll wait til my dad gets it and put it on my iTunes haha. Is Alex Turner drug addled?! This is news to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. helenlouis: have you listened to Don't Sit Down...??

    ReplyDelete