Wore this to work last week because I was just damn tired on the grey skys & black clothes. I was also wearing a bright green coat which I hope perked up at least a few peoples days. Plus the copy of Strangest Man signed by Graham Farmelo (the author) & Peter Higgs of the Higgs Boson! Well chuffed. Also got my equation on his twitter in amazement that anyone would love the Dirac equation enough to etch it onto their arm forever. Apologies for the art teacher hair, after work & excitement my bun was a little out of control.
Last week was pretty mammouth in terms of STUFF HAPPENING so here's a neat bullet point list to catch up on:
- Monday I went to the countryside. I don't think anything else exciting happend.
- Tuesday my mum got made an Alderman. There's an article here. With a picture of her (2nd photo) & her tiny little medal that isn't even on a silk ribbon. Did also almost spit in Barbara Wank's face after she made a speech about women in politics, the exact group she diminishes every time you talk to her about equality.
- Tuesday (again) went to a feminist debate at the Watershed where I had to be marched out by my mum at the end before I punched someone. I was so angry I was shaking. Healthy, no. If you scroll down I wrote a massive rant about it. Thinking of starting my own feminist group that doesn't just have the kind of people that would join a feminist group. Impossible.
- Wednesday went to a talk by Graham Farmelo & Peter Higgs, where I sat next to (& possibly offended by not recognising) a famous physicist in the front row, got my photo taken by Graham Farmelo (because of my tat) & got my book signed by him & Mr Higgs. *!* SCIENCE *!*
- Thursday went to New Look press day, but more importantly Bauhaus exhibition at the Barbican. It has loads of stuff that wasn't at the Bauhaus Archiv which was fascinating & the timeline from creation to closure was well done (including some hypnotising fonts & tapestries along the way). The only disappointment was the gift shop where there were limited posters & the nice tights were £48!
- Friday was uneventful until I got a massive shooting pain through my tooth & then spent the whole evening on the phone to NHS Direct who promised to call me back & didn't until 5.30 the next morning. Now I'm waiting on a follow up appointment. Oh joy.
Phew, how was your week?