01/07/2010

POETRYTHURSDAY±3

Photobucket
SHOOTING 'UFO WOMAN'
by Patience Agbabi

Action! Alien with Day-Glo afro
(wig) and eyes (lens) like stained-glass window,
mount silver stairs, float down to eart
(down-escalator Canary Wharf),
make earthling (hardcore dealer) pause en route
to admire strange skin (ogle PVC spacesuit).

Alien would conquer world
from business epicenter, with S-Curl

but the lens regressed to sand, attacked my eye
and blaxploitation sci-fi
turned film noir.
I left the dark glasses,
in a black cab like Metamorphosis,
each streetlight burning in my vision
how fact (I could be blind for life) shot fiction.

Photobucket

Trying to make a conscious decision to choose poems that aren't about sex. Why are all the good poems about sex? Dammit...


Hope you like it!


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying your poetry thursdays.
    Oh, and I featured you in a little post on my blog too:
    http://fishtankfashion.blogspot.com/2010/06/some-blog-lovin.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh
    are you into Philip Larkin? I think he's ace
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that second photo. That hair defies gravity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha nothing wrong with poems about sex... ;)
    That one is very cute, love the photos that go with it oh so well.
    And fab little quote as ever.
    Loving your blog (as you must already know!)
    Going to check your zines out now- I do love 'em :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete