22/12/2011

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Whilst waiting to meet Heidi for Christmas Gingerbread Lattes the other day I found myself in WH Smith. AKA the only place left in Bristol that stocks vaguely interesting or unusual magazines. So sad. Anyway, after the obligatory Dazed, Vogue, Harpers, I-D etc. I drifted over to W with Carey Mulligan on the cover. I hated An Education but I quite like her so I started flicking through, only to find a very lovely "New Season" spread shot by Emma Summerton which was lovely & had lots of weird twin shots (ok, I featured none of them here, but you can view high res shots here) plus a rather lovingly cinematic shoot with Mulligan by Michael Thompson. Anyway, in short, nice images W! Might have to re think them because they've never wholly captured by heart or attention...

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I really like Carey but then I loved An Education... Btw, the Here gallery on Stokes Croft has some interesting independent mags. I do miss Borders though! Have a great Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen An Education, but I like Carey Mulligan's style quite a bit. I love those photos of her, the one with the Chipmunk on her shoulder is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carey :3 MERRY CHRISTMAS JESS!

    ReplyDelete