20/01/2011

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Crazily these are my 5 favorite screen shots from Kanye West's video for Runaway, in order they are in the video. As you can tell, it doesn't make much sense: pheonix girl falls from the sky with feathers that magically (& distractingly) remain over her boobs, then via a weird night parade, a dinner where all the guests are black & the servers are white, some ballerinas, they fall in love & whilst having sex she evolves & learns to fly 'home'.

Anyway know it came out a while ago, but I've just bought his album after having given up on him after the purple university album. And he's been everywhere lately, including his video for Monsters, any thoughts on it? I guess it's about models/fashion industry. I feel like I should hate it like everyone else but I actually think it's clever by way of making the implicit explicit. But enough of that, if you haven't watched either I erge to too, as well as listening to the track below. It's my favorite of the album & mystically I found some lyrics from it scrawled on my arm from last night...I think.



Enjoy!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I still have mixed feelings! I loved every album up until the depressing one (808's and heartbreak) and now I'm not sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! But honestly, listen through the internet if you're not sure. It takes a few listens, but I think he's back on form. Or at least getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. not listened/watched but i will do. i gave up on him after the first album actually, his pompousness annoyed the heck out of me but worth a go. his vid's are usually smart

    ReplyDelete
  4. His videos are always lovely (especially this one).

    Any tips on absolutely anything wonderful in Paris would be very much appreciated thank you! When we go there's going to be films shown on a big screen in some park. How perfect and romantic.

    And yuckyuckyuck exams. That's about all I have to say about them. Ha.

    ReplyDelete